What has OERu done well?
- Technology stack and cost/scalability considerations
- Learner choice
- Working the shoestring budget
How / where can the OERu improve?
- Start grabbing CIOs et al. by the scruff of the neck re: tech stack/costs
- What are arguments for longevity (to counter “Microsoft is tried and true”)
- Does bias toward open source preclude good solutions?
- In terms of digital skills, closed-source platforms can be important to students (Msft Office)
- Per-course student/user statistics (for anonymous and for registered students)
- [staff or automation needed to aggregate course statistics]
- Marketing to students and partners/interested institutions (as ever!)
What are the top 3 priorities this meeting should address
- Identifying/facilitating meaningful, bilateral collaboration between OERu members
- User flow/experience (single sign-on, etc.)
- Partner institution flow/experience
Issues for CEOs meeting
- Please post issues for CEOs meeting here.
Posted at link but cc:
- significant cost-savings from open tech
- improved functionality from open tech