I need a little help in developing marketing copy - If you can help, please let me know by replying to this post.
We’ve just completed a successful “soft-launch” of the first micro-course for Learning in a Digital Age (LIDA). LiDA101, the first of four micro-courses, attracted 316 participants from 59 different countries and we were able to trial a parallel instance of the same course with our partners at the Saylor Academy.
Note that credit for LIDA will be recognized at Thomas Edison State University, Thompson Rivers University, Otago Polytechnic and the University of the Highlands and Islands towards local qualifications. Of course, more institutions are welcome to recognise LiDA credit locally and we can incorporate these partners into the marketing collateral.
We were trialling a number of new open technologies including OERu’s own social network on Mastodon - see mastodon.oeru.org seeding our “learning community” for the OERu 1st year of study. The other key technology relevant to this group is the Mautic open source marketing automation engine we have been using to send out course announcement emails via dedicated email campaigns. The technology has worked well - Phew!
Now that we know the technology is working as planned and we are moving forward with a schedule of micro-courses, we can develop copy for a few Mautic landing pages we can use to trial marketing approaches. This involves two mini-projects:
- Mautic landing page for the LiDA103 micro-course (Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world) which starts on 25 April 2018.
- Mautic landing page for recruiting Academic Volunteers International.
LIDA103 landing page
- Purpose - low threshold lead capture (just name and email address) of individuals interested in joining the course. (We will establish an email drip campaign in Mautic with instructions on getting started and “registering” for the course closer to the start date.)
- Scope - 50 - 75 words of copy for the landing page.
- Primary sources for distributing landing page link: Social media and WikiEducator site message (a short sentence that appears at the top of every page in WikiEducator. WikiEducator generates in the region of 10000 - 11000 users per day. The idea is to post a site message which links to the LiDA103 landing page.)
- Due date - 12 April 2018
Academic Volunteers International landing page
- Purpose - Lead capture of individuals interested in bootstrapping OERu’s academic volunteers international concept.
- Scope - Refining the draft landing page, preparing copy for a few succinct emails (3 or 4) for inclusion in a drip email campaign eg a) Thank you for your interest b) What is academic volunteers international? c) What we need to do - AKA work together in designing processes for AVI c) Call to action - Invitation to sign up on community forum for AVI on this site.
- Due date 16 May 2018.
Can you help?