About the OER4Covid category

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f320427e380>

The OER4Covid initiative was established to support education institutions around the world transitioning to online learning using open educational resources (OER) during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Aims of the initiative

The initiative aims to:

• Establish an open, online community support network for educators tasked with transitioning to online learning
  • In consultation with developing countries, assess local needs to transition to online learning
  • Share OER-enabled online courses for reuse and remixing by institutions around the world
  • Provide examples of open technologies to minimize the risks of proprietary vendor lock-in during this crisis
  • Curate openly licensed resources to assist educators and learners transitioning to online learning.
  • Build capacity among educators to design and develop OER-enabled online courses for local needs.
2 Likes

In this unprecedented time, most of educational organizations have been emphasizing on global partnerships to response educational disruption at the large scale. Therefore, I joined this group and I would like to work in collaborative system for continuing of learning. I would like to share my experiences and facilitate capacity building workshops.
In response to Aims of this initiative, I will try my best. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you sir. :pray:

With regards

Hello Sir.
OERs have revolutionized the teaching and learning fraternity.
There has been a paradigm shift from conventional classroom teaching to ICT enabled and learner-centric approach.
OERs have the potential to add on the resources and are available online 24/7.

I will try my best to contribute to the aims of the initiative.

OER is the need of the hour. It enhances the teaching learning Process and more useful for the lifelong learners to update their knowledge in digital era. Hope this will help my country to suck out the good prospects of OER. Always co-operative in marching forward

A post was merged into an existing topic: INTRODUCTIONS: Please introduce yourself to the OER4Covid community