The OER4Covid initiative was established to support education institutions around the world transitioning to online learning using open educational resources (OER) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Aims of the initiative
The initiative aims to:
- Establish an open, online community support network for educators tasked with transitioning to online learning
- In consultation with developing countries, assess local needs to transition to online learning
- Share OER-enabled online courses for reuse and remixing by institutions around the world
- Provide examples of open technologies to minimize the risks of proprietary vendor lock-in during this crisis
- Curate openly licensed resources to assist educators and learners transitioning to online learning.
- Build capacity among educators to design and develop OER-enabled online courses for local needs.